The Elgerum Local History Museum in Mönsterås
The Mönsterås Local History Museum stands in a leisure park in the centre of Mönsterås. It comprises 13 buildings, and must be regarded as one of the largest museums in Kalmar län. Part of the maritime collections are housed in a room in the main building known as the ìSeafaring Roomî, the remainder in the house bequeathed to the Museum by the deceased sailor and modelmaker Karl Svensson. This building, with all its contents, was relocated within the Museum. On the first floor of the main building are displays of boatbuilding and the history of coastal fishing.
The association Stranda Hembygdsförening founded 1925.
Address: Hembygdsgården Elgerum
SE-383 32 MÖNSTERÖS
Contact person: Sven-Erik Nelsson, tel. +46499-100 23
Open: Summer 1500 - 1700.
July: Mondays closed.
June and August: Wednesdays and Sundays 1500 - 1700.
Feature: The home of the seaman and model maker. Coastal fishery.
Entrance 30:- SEK
Guided tours: English, German, French
Catalogues: English, German, French